Sunday, November 6

Goal #1. Hold me to it.

Last week at the farm I was asked to get a chicken back into the coop, and I found it to be very challenging for me. I have never had a large furry or feathery animal as a pet, which I am pretty sure makes me nervous to handle animals.

When I was set out on the task to rile the chicken back in, I had to take a big breath and convince myself I could do it. When I approached the chicken I had to take a couple more deep breaths. I tried to think of the chicken as a warm hunk of play-do wrapped in a feathered boa scarf (that was the closest nonliving thing I could think of) so that I wouldn't be as nervous to handle it. I still couldn't bring myself to pick it up!

So I have started a list of goals for myself. The first one is to become comfortable handling a chicken. Now by posting it in a public place I have a greater chance of accomplishing this goal! I will need "chicken vibes" sent my way, so if you are capable of sending "chicken vibes" please do so.

1 comment:

  1. You must come to Donna's backyard chicken workshop next summer at Weekend at Wilson. You will get reallllllll comfortable with the Pullus indeed.
    Next time you are close to a chicken, take a real close look and touch of one of its ears. They are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete